Saturday 4 May 2019

A request from a friend's mother


To the second child my womb once held
You smiled at me and your dad with dimples in your rosy cheeks
Truly it made our hearts melt
As we kissed your little hands and feet.

As you looked at us with your big blue eyes
We promised we would always keep you safe
Tell you to dream beyond the skies
And teach you that Jannah is what you should chase

Because this life is temporary and like this life you were with us temporarily
From now on you are someone else's to look after
And as your parents today we have fulfilled our duty
By giving you away to a man of great character

To our once tiny delicate baby girl
I remember the day you were born
I cradled you in my arms my precious pearl
I held you close until light drew at dawn

You illuminated our home with your radiance
Filled our house with laughter and light
You've grown into a woman of grace and elegance
and we pray your future is forever bright

May you live a happy life with your spouse
And both strive together for the life of the unseen
in which Allah builds for you a house
And grants you all that of which you dream

To my second born beautiful daughter
Today you've become someone's dear wife
I pray he brings you joy and laughter
And together you live a wonderful life

I am proud to see the woman you have blossomed into
You are strong, loving and kind
Allah has chosen you for Imran and him for you.
And allowed your paths to bind

In this blessed matrimony
Written as a couple in the heavens above
You were meant for each other truly
To cherish, protect, honour and love.

To my daughter's now lawful husband
Protect her, forgive her and be her garment
Let your love towards her be unconditioned
And never sleep on an argument

Be patient and understanding
Take the time to listen to each other
Upon you may Allah's mercy  be abounding
And may you attain Jannah together

Today we have given you our precious child
Whom we have raised with love and care
She's been our rock through troubles and trials
And now her home is elsewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment