Saturday 4 May 2019

Angel


My Angel.
Who would've thought that small frame
Could carry the weight of the world
And maybe others have faced the same
Trials and tribulations that you have
But I've not witnessed another with your grace
With your immense courage to carry on
Despite all the pain you've had to face
And yet I never hear you complain
Though you're not one for many words
Your sheer presence illuminates a room
And like the singing of the morning birds
You bring joy to the hearts of many
Your love is sincere and unreserved
For each person that will ever meet you
You are certainly more than we deserve
You are selfless and give without question
You faced the worst test as a mother
And buried four of your infant children
Yet your faith does not ever waver
And you hold firm on to the rope of Allah
And when you were left widowed
You vowed to be strong for the children left
And upon those children you have bestowed
Love, mercy, kindness and respect
Altough you are getting older and weak
You have a disabled son at home
Who doesn't hear nor speak
And you dedicate your life to him
And though we try, I know it's not enough
We could never ever repay
Even a fraction of what you do for us
You are the ocean and we are droplets
You are the blossoming tree
While we are the falling leaves
I wish you could just see
How special you really are
Our conversations alway end with ameen
After you make endless dua for everyone
That you've ever met and seen
Because you care so much about others
And I'm honoured to be able to call you mine
My mother
My mother
My mother

No comments:

Post a Comment