Saturday 19 October 2013

I will love myself.

I'm going to make falling in love a priority
But not with a man that'll make me insecure
I'm going fall in love with myself
Before I fall in love with the world.

I'm going to value my own voice
I promise to trust my own decision
"I don't think you've made the right choice"
I'll learn to not be swayed by criticism

I refuse to let your disloyalty define me
When things went wrong, I wondered what I lacked
"It's because I'm not pretty or skinny"
And its within this insecurity, that I was trapped.

I don't know why or since when
My self worth became dependent on your acceptance
Every time I was betrayed or rejected
I believed it was down to my incompetence.

I forgot about my own attributes and potential
I wanted to be someone else so desperately
An evil was embedding in my heart
That evil was known as envy.

Other people's lives appeared to be so perfect
And they had everything I didn't
I didn't think I was being ungrateful
I was a product of my worldly experience.

Now, I know it won't be easy and it'll take some time
But no one says that love grows over night
So I'm going to learn to love me truly
I'll love my imperfections and i'll do it right

So if you don't love me, that's okay
Because I will love myself
Starting from today.


No comments:

Post a Comment